The ice maker is a kind of equipment used to make ice cubes of various shapes, which is widely used in commercial, hotels, coffee shops, hospitals, scientific research institutes and other places. However, not many people know the principle of ice maker. Today the relevant principles of ice maker will be shared here.
I. Working principle of ice maker
1. Through the supplementary water valve, the water automatically enters a water storage tank, and then the water is pumped to the diverter through the flow control valve.
2. The water is evenly sprayed on the surface of the ice maker at the diverter, and flows through the wall of the ice maker like a curtain of water. The water is cooled to the freezing point, and the water that is not evaporated and frozen will flow into the water storage tank through the porous tank, and restart the cycle work.
3. When the ice reaches the required thickness, the hot air discharged from the compressor is re-introduced into the wall of the ice maker to replace the low-temperature liquid refrigerant. In this way, a thin film of water is formed between the ice and the wall of the evaporation tube. This water film will act as a lubrication when the ice falls freely into the groove below by gravity.
4. The chilled water in the storage tank is continuously circulated through the plate-type or compartmentalized evaporator with a water pump;
5. After the compressor is running, it undergoes suction-compression-discharge-condensation(liquefaction)-throttling-and then evaporates at a low temperature of -10 to -18 degrees in the evaporator to absorb heat and vaporize.
6. The chilled water continuously condenses into an ice layer on the surface of the evaporator at a lower temperature at a water temperature of 0 degree. When the ice layer has condensed to a certain thickness and after the evaporation temperature of the refrigerant reaches the temperature-controlled setting temperature, the defrost solenoid valve is turned on, to perform the deicing through a heat pump, and realize the next cycle.
II. Ice principle of ice making mechanism
1. Through the water inlet valve, water automatically enters a water storage tank, and then the water is pumped into the shunt pipe, and the shunt pipe evenly flows the water to the evaporator cooled by the low-temperature liquid refrigerant.
2. The water is cooled to the freezing point, which will solidified into ice next, and the water that has not been frozen by the evaporator will flow back into the water storage tank and restart the circulation through the water pump.
3. When the ice cube reaches the required thickness, it enters the deicing state, and the high-pressure hot air discharged from the compressor is led to the evaporator through the reversing valve to replace the low-temperature liquid refrigerant.
4. In this way, a water film is formed between the ice cubes and the evaporator. This water film makes the ice cubes off the evaporator, and the ice cubes fall freely into the ice storage tank below by gravity.